Lifestyle. BEAUTY. Motherhood

Pages

Search This Blog

27.6.17

Pressing Pause


Have you ever had intentions to get something done during the day, but never got around to doing it? I know I've done that so many times. There are so many distractions during the day, especially as a mom. Throughout the last few months I've really tried to make it a priority to slow down, and start the day off right. One thing that has made a HUGE difference in my morning (and my day all together), is taking 10-15 minutes during breakfast to go through a devotional. I usually will get the kids situated with their breakfast (unless I happen to wake up before them), and then get started with devotions. Not only do I feel more at peace during the day, but I also feel happier & more content. It's a huge priority to put God first in my life, even before my marriage and kids. So before checking emails, social media, or whatever, I like to "press pause" on the day, and start my morning off with God.




There are so many good devotionals out there, which makes it hard to choose! The one that I am currently going through is First 5. This is an app that has different reading plans. It literally takes five minutes to read through each days devotion (hence the name), and it is so easy to follow! This app is great for new Christians, or people that have been Christians their whole life! I tend to daydream easily, so I LOVE that this app is easy to read!

Another favorite is the "Jesus Calling" devotions by Sarah Young. These books are amazing and make great gift ideas for friends and family members.

Finally, another great devotional that's also an app is She Reads Truth. This app also comes along with many great reading plans.

Do you have any favorite devotionals, or Christian books? If so, I'd love to hear! Leave your favorite in the comments❤


2 comments:

  1. I love your journal! This is inspiring to me as I have gotten away from my daily devotional time and I have noticed less patience and more frustration and feeling rushed/overwhelmed lately. I definitely need to push pause myself and starting my days like this would make a difference. It has in the past. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feedback, Bethany!❤

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Somewhere Dreamin'. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign